Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Duffy vs @#$*!

Mike Duffy Live 5:51pm EDT

Duffy: I raised the question earlier on whether today was Nixon to China. Stephen Harper a staunch conservative... person who has... uh, strong conservative ideologies, take someone like that and be able to reach out... uh, and in effect not have, not come on to attack because he is... so strong?

Fife: Well, I think we know that the, uh, the Reform Party, of which he was one of the original founders, uh, uh, and, and, as he was conservative there was a lot of native people who were very suspicious of the conservatives and about Mr. Harper and whether they, he actually cared about their conditions. Well, clearly, what he did today and what he spoke today, uh, puts a lie to that. He does care.

Duffy: I'm told he was in tears in the caucus.

Fife: I heard that too.

Duff: ..and of course, and he has young children. So he, I'm sure, can imagine what it's like to take those young children and send them off with strangers.

Cut! CUT! CUT!

*He* is so STRONG? *He* CARES?! *He* can imagine what it's like to take *those* young children and send 'em off?

With that lack o' thought pattern, then if he didn't have kids, I'm sure he wouldn't have a clue of what it would be like to send *those* kids off in random directions. But thank goodness, he is so great, and he does have kids. His own, in fact! Quelle surprise! He's a dad, and it's almost Father's Day.

Oh, I started (I tried. I am still trying...) to watch a complete episode of Duffy on PVR without skipping forward 10 minutes at a time because his interviews are so painful in the worst places. Most episodes I've watched seem to last about 8:13... and that includes watching the commercials.

Well, it turns out, this is not an interview, but rather a mutual foot rub over how great our Great Conservative Leader really is. Too bad we never really got to talk about Madame Couillard.

There's always hope. There's always another episode.

No comments: